Fostering collaboration to affect meaningful change
CICan works with a variety of other organizations and offers a single access point to the collaborative capacity of Canada’s colleges and institutes. We foster partnerships that advance social and economic inclusion and environmental sustainability across all sectors.
As Canada’s national association of colleges and institutes, we leverage our members’ expertise and a vast network of partner organizations to create innovative and timely solutions to skills and labour market challenges, aligned with Canada’s commitments to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
CICan collaborates with its member institutions and partners in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors to:
- Create customized solutions for skills development, upskilling/reskilling, work-integrated-learning, and entrepreneurship
- Facilitate better access to labour market opportunities for Canadian youth, including Indigenous youth and youth in Northern, rural and remote communities, to gain meaningful work experience
- Help strengthen organizations by connecting them with skilled students and graduates
- Help vulnerable and disadvantaged learners access training and participate in the labour market
- Design or adapt programs to meet current and future skills needs
- Support newcomers destined for communities all across Canada, helping them arrive better informed and prepared
- Promote access to applied research services and innovative solutions for SMEs, community organizations and other employers
- Support social and environmental innovation and contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals