We invite Canada’s publicly funded colleges, institutes, CEGEPs, and polytechnics to join our network and enjoy a wide range of benefits that elevate their impact and success.
Our members gain access to a dynamic and diverse array of opportunities carefully designed to nurture growth, build capacity, promote collaboration, and drive advancement in the post-secondary sector.
The Exceptional Advantages of a CICan Membership
We advocate on behalf of our members to ensure policymakers, stakeholders, and the public recognize our members’ invaluable strengths and contributions as vital to the public good. Members have various opportunities to elevate their institution’s influence and reach, including:
- Access to networks and communities of practice on a variety of key sector issues, such as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), upskilling and reskilling, Indigenous education, and equity, diversity and inclusion
- Invitations to advocacy events such as CICan on the Hill
- Representation in meetings with key stakeholders and federal policymakers, parliamentarians, and senior government officials
- Visibility on CICan website (over 850K visitors annually) and social media engagement with CICan’s over 15k followers across three major platforms
We are committed to building capacity and fostering growth for our members. With a rapidly expanding portfolio of Canadian programs and projects, we offer valuable professional development opportunities and the expertise and resources needed to excel. Members gain access to:
- the opportunity to participate in a national and international portfolio of projects worth nearly $500M
- > 25K$ in bursaries, awards of excellence and other contest prizes
- professional development opportunities for leaders and managers at every level, as well as non-managerial staff and faculty (i.e., Leadership Institutes, CICan Mentorship Program ).
- personalized support services to support institutions in key areas such as advancing sustainability, internationalization, EDI, Indigenous education, etc.
Knowledge Sharing and Networking Opportunities
We believe in the power of knowledge sharing and networking to drive innovation and excellence in the colleges and institutes system and to support our advocacy efforts. Members gain access to a wealth of opportunities that foster collaboration, learning, and engagement with others in the sector, including:
- Discounts on registration fees at CICan Events
- opportunities to connect with CICan college and institute members and associates through CICan events such as the annual conference, symposia, webinars, workshops
- eligibility to serve on a range of CICan National Advisory Committees and be part of national communities of practice and networks
- access to CICan communications and advocacy materials, including policy reports, trends analysis, CICan electronic bi-weekly newsletter and the CICan President & CEO monthly report
- knowledge sharing and networking opportunities on key topic areas at national and international levels, such as: workforce skilling, reskilling and upskilling; SDG’s; Indigenous Education, EDI, health and safety, etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Membership
We welcome applications from institutions that are:
- a college, institute, cégep, polytechnic, university college, or university that operates with a college mandate and other similar post-secondary institutions;
- a not-for-profit and publicly funded organization;
- deliverers of post-secondary programs of academic standard set out by the appropriate jurisdictional authorities; and
- operating as an integral part of a federal, provincial or territorial government’s educational activities and funded substantially through that government.
Annual membership fees are determined based on the latest audited financial statement of the institution*. New and returning members** may be eligible for an exclusive welcome package, including a 50% rebate for the first year of membership and one complimentary registration to one of CICan’s events.
*Only revenue pertaining to college-level programming will be considered.
**Members returning after a minimum of 5 years of absence
Questions & more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
"*" indicates required fields