Olds College of Agriculture & Technology is a technical institution offering industry demand-driven programming with an intensive focus on agriculture and technology. Founded in 1913, Olds College has been offering quality hands-on education for over a century.
At Olds College, agriculture is not just a stand alone program offered by a single faculty — it’s part of every school on our campus and it defines our campus environment. Agriculture is how we started; it’s core to who we are today and how we make our mark; and it’s our future because it’s our single greatest opportunity to shape the world in meaningful ways.
We are proud to be Canada’s Smart Agriculture College, hosting our 3,600-acre Olds College Smart Farm – a living lab for students. It is through applied research that Olds College finds answers to some of the biggest issues our world faces today, and through experience-based learning that we build the workforce to prepare for tomorrow.
Olds College provides a unique student experience by creating advanced learning environments where students connect with real world opportunities and businesses, on a destination campus that promotes community. Through our regular programming, continued education, and online and blended programming, we provide accessible educational opportunities within Alberta and beyond. Our programming includes agriculture, agriculture technology, horticulture, land and environment management, animal health, equine, and food production.
- 95% of grads find work within 6 months of graduation
- 94% of grads are satisfied with the overall quality of their educational experience
- The top reason students choose Olds College is they value how the education lends to future employment opportunities
- 98% of enrolled students would recommend Olds College to a friend
- Crop and Livestock Production
- Environmental Stewardship
- Cereal Breeding
- Technology Integration (Smart, Digital & Autonomous Agriculture)
- Data Science/Utilization