Established in 1958, The Michener Institute of Education at UHN is Canada’s only post-secondary institution devoted exclusively to health sciences education. Michener offers full-time and continuing education in Imaging, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Medical Radiation Sciences, Primary and Critical Care and other specialized applied health programs.
With a robust and responsive curriculum that emphasizes inter-professional collaboration and simulation-based training, graduates are prepared to deliver quality diagnostic and therapeutic services. Michener is publicly funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care and further enriched through partnerships with universities, private sector companies and leading health care organizations.
- The Michener Institute is the only post-secondary institution funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health, so the curriculum and technology are driven by the emerging needs of health care system.
- Michener’s class sizes are small and are held in a simulated clinical environment so students get hands-on interaction with faculty and experience with diagnostic and therapeutic technology.
- After the classroom, students spend 38 weeks in clinical rotations at our vast partner network of hospitals and private clinics across Canada to further develop their patient care skills.
- Employers report high satisfaction with Michener graduates, who are work-ready and prepared to be leaders in providing quality patient care.
- Michener recently integrated with University Health Network, giving the school direct access to real-time, front-line insight that can inform and shape our curricula.
222 St Patrick St
Telephone: 416-596- 3101
Toll Free: 800-387-9066