For over 50 years, the British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT) has been a leader among Canadian post-secondary institutions. Offering an applied, hands-on education that models the evolving work environment, BCIT is one of British Columbia’s largest post-secondary institutes. BCIT educates more than 47,000 full-time and part-time students in over 300 programs each year across five campuses and 10 satellite locations.
BCIT’s credentials range from certificates and diplomas to bachelor’s and master’s degrees in areas such as applied and natural sciences, business and media, computing and IT, engineering, health sciences, and trades and apprenticeships. The Institute’s programs are developed in consultation with leading employers and industry associations, ensuring its graduates are more than ready to succeed in their careers and contribute to a productive economy from day one.
BCIT was the first institution in BC to offer advanced technical education in areas such as engineering, business, and health, and is the largest and longest-serving provider of trades training and apprenticeship programs in Western Canada.
- Approximately 18,000 full-time students and 28,000 part-time students enroll every year.
- Compared to a provincial average of 80%, 93% of degree graduates are working in their field of study.
- Within two years of graduation, the average annual salary of a BCIT degree graduate is $14,000 higher than the provincial average.
- BCIT offers over 300 programs across broad educational sectors including business, computing, health sciences, engineering, and trades.
- BCIT was the first institution in BC to offer advanced technical education in areas such as engineering, business, and health.
- Energy, Resources, Manufacturing and Transportation
- Health, Natural Health and Biotechnology
- Information/Communications, Technology and Security
- Social Enterprise, Human Capital and Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability and the Built Environment