Located in beautiful Vancouver, B.C., Langara College is a leading undergraduate institution providing university studies, career studies, and continuing education programs and courses to more than 23,000 students annually. The College is also known as snəw̓eyəɬ leləm̓, house of teachings, a name given to Langara by the Musqueam First Nation, on whose unceded traditional territory we are located. Langara acknowledges this gift in our new dual logomark, introduced in 2019, and is working to strengthen the connections between the Musqueam people and the College in a number of ways.
Langara provides accessible undergraduate education opportunities that meet the needs of its diverse community. Over the years, Langara has developed an extensive array of certificate, diploma, and degree programs that broaden student horizons and train productive and engaged citizens. The institution has distinguished itself numerous times. For instance, in 2013, the Langara School of Nursing was named “School of the Year” at the Canadian Nursing Students’ Association (CNSA). The Langara School of Management has also been ranked in business competitions as one of the top business schools in Canada. In 2018, Langara was awarded the BC Innovation Council Ignite Award, the first time that a BC College has received this award awarded to projects that solve industry problems in natural resources and applied sciences. Studies allow students to improve business know-how, acquire language skills, enhance a career path, expand individual creativity, or develop a more holistic approach to personal well-being. Online courses, co-operative education, and degree partnerships are also offered. The College gives an opportunity to its students to live unique, real-world experiences that equip them to succeed at work or further post-secondary study.
- We have over 130 credentials to choose from including certificates, diplomas, degrees, and post-degree diplomas.
- 98% of students were satisfied with the quality of instruction at Langara (BC Student Outcomes survey).
- There is a lot of diversity at Langara – there are 93 different countries represented by our student body.
- We attract top-notch faculty. From nursing to theatre to journalism, our instructors have won awards and are well-recognized in their respective industries.
- The Langara community has a strong commitment to sustainability. Optimizing energy use is top of mind and our new buildings are LEED® Gold Certified.
- Langara College has one of the oldest Co-op programs in the country, connecting students with employment opportunities for over 35 years.
- In 2019, Langara launched a Centre for Entertainment Arts which will train students for careers in gaming and film at a new campus at Great Northern Way in Vancouver.