For more than 50 years, NorQuest College has helped learners from all walks of life reach their educational goals. We offer learning that transforms lives and strengthens communities. Our growth over the last five decades reflects upon who we are today: the Edmonton region’s community college.
Approximately 900 faculty and staff serve our diverse student population of more than 21,000 learners representing 114 different countries. Our learning opportunities range from foundational education (English skills and Academic Upgrading), to career-related paths in health, community studies, and business, to continuing education and custom training. By collaborating with business, industry, government, and communities, we ensure our post-secondary education is necessary and workforce relevant. Now and in the future, we are a college of choice, and a key player in Alberta’s economy.
We are making disruptive strides, both in the impact we make to our learners and to the community. A study conducted by Economic Modeling Specialists International indicates that NorQuest College added $471.4 million of total income to Edmonton’s regional economy in 2016–2017, which is equivalent to supporting 5,707 jobs in the region. Our tremendous growth, community impact, and unique partnerships with business and industry shows that NorQuest College is recognized and valued for providing education that leads to a brighter future.
- 60% are born outside Canada
- 64% are age 25 and older
- 71% are female
- Students and Staff speak over 70 different languages on campus
- Construction is underway for The Singhmar Centre for Learning. A LEED Silver 22,500 m², four-storey building. It features more classrooms, labs, a daycare, a new library, and student space
- Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
- Social Innovation with traditionally marginalized communities
- Continuing Care
- Participatory community-based research
- Newcomer language acquisition and settlement