Since opening its doors in 1967 in Welland, Ontario and expanding across the Niagara region and internationally, Niagara College has grown to become a leader in applied education. Areas of specialization include advanced technology, applied health, community safety, media, food and beverage sciences, business, hospitality and tourism, and environment and horticulture, which are supported by unique learning enterprises in food, wine, beer, spirits, horticulture, dental, esthetics and hairstyling.
Niagara College is recognized as a leader in student satisfaction, consistently ranking among the top colleges in Ontario according to provincial surveys. These surveys also show that Niagara College graduates get jobs and that employers are very satisfied with the graduates they hire. In 2021, more than 88% of NC grads were hired within six months of graduation, and 87% of employers said they were happy with the NC grad they hired. At Niagara College, more than 10,000 full-time students study in over 130 diploma, graduate certificate, apprenticeship, and Bachelor’s Degree programs.
- 130+ certificate, diploma, apprenticeship and Bachelor’s Degree programs
- 600 credit, vocational and general interest courses
- Canada’s first Teaching Winery, Teaching Brewery, and Teaching Distillery
- Canada’s first Commercial Cannabis Production program
- Massage Therapy advanced diploma program begins September 2021
Our programs include:
Our research specialization:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Agriculture and Environment
- Business and Commercialization Solutions
- Digital Technology Solutions
- Food and Beverage Innovation
Total number of students
Date modified: 2021-09-20