Mohawk College educates and serves 30,000 full-time, part-time and apprenticeship students at three campuses in Hamilton, Ontario. More than 1,200 international students from over 70 countries also attend Mohawk. Recognized as a leader in health and technology education, Mohawk is also one of the largest trainers of apprentices in Ontario. Mohawk offers more than 150 programs, including award-winning collaborative degree programs with McMaster University. For students looking to continue their education, Mohawk has more than 200 articulation agreements with Canadian and international universities and colleges.
Mohawk ranks among the top 20 colleges in Canada for applied research, with a focus on electronic and mobile health solutions, additive manufacturing and energy distribution. For five consecutive years, Mohawk has ranked first for student satisfaction among all colleges in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton area. Mohawk was the first college in Ontario to adopt an environmental management plan and has been recognized as one of Canada’s greenest employers for the past two years in a row. Mohawk has also been named one of the region’s top employers three consecutive years. Employers give Mohawk graduates top marks, with an 88 per cent satisfaction score. Within six months of completing their studies, 86 per cent of Mohawk graduates are employed and Mohawk’s 105,000 future-ready alumni contribute more than $1.5 billion annually in added income.
- #1 College for Student Satisfaction in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area five years in a row.
- A leader in simulation based learning, Mohawk provides hands-on learning through many programs. Of note is the Varian Acuity Simulator for Medical Radiation students.
- Was the first college in Ontario to sign an Environmental Management Plan. The plan set a target for reducing carbon emissions by 20 per cent in 2020.
- Has constructed two LEED® Gold buildings – The David Braley Athletic and Recreation Centre that opened in 2013 and the Learning Exchange and Cummings Library that opened in 2011.
- City School by Mohawk opened its first location in North Hamilton Fall 2015 as part of the College’s ongoing commitment to increase access to post-secondary education for all Hamiltonians.
- Additive Manufacturing design and process optimization (for aerospace, automotive and manufacturing)
- Additive Manufacturing materials testing in metal and plastic
- Digital Health Iinteroperability and international standards (HL7 standards integration)
- Testing, including regulatory, privacy and security standards
- Smart Grid Energy solutions