A Cambrian education is the total package. Based in Sudbury, Ontario, Cambrian College offers practical, hands-on experience in every program, a vibrant campus life, and support services that help ensure success. Students also benefit from expert faculty who are connected to business and industry, and an employer satisfaction rating that puts Cambrian graduates in high demand. In its 2015-2019 Strategic Plan, the College identified a single strategic priority: continuous access to flexible and customizable learning experiences. To achieve this priority, Cambrian is guided by a new vision for the future, captured in three simple, yet motivating words: imagine, inspire, innovate. Cambrian has always put the student experience first. The College first opened its doors in Sudbury, Ontario, in 1967. Nearly 50 years and 50,000 alumni later, it’s the largest college in northern Ontario, and a leader in postsecondary education. Cambrian has campuses in Sudbury, Little Current, and Espanola, where more than 4,000 students are enrolled in more than 80 full-time programs. Cambrian also serves part-time students and offers additional opportunities to learn in the classroom and online through Continuing Education and corporate training. A global destination for education, Cambrian is host and home to international students from dozens of countries such as China, India, Bangladesh, Spain, Rwanda, Tanzania, Nigeria, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Cambrian’s Canadian students also find opportunities to study abroad through co-op and placement experiences in Europe, China, and the United States.
At Cambrian, the student experience is closely tied to employer and industry expectations. College programs, courses and delivery methods are subject to regular review and renewal. Representatives from business and industry act as program advisors to help ensure that students gain experience with approaches, processes, techniques, and technology in order to prepare them for future careers. Critical thinking, teamwork, and personal skills are also honed through every program. Nearly every career requires up-to-date postsecondary training or recent certification, and community colleges like Cambrian serve as both a gateway and a “finishing school.” Now more than ever, many students, parents, and employers also see benefits in combining both college and university studies. Cambrian has hundreds of agreements with universities in Canada and around the world that enable students to bolster their education and career opportunities for less cost and in a shorter period of time. The agreements are just another example of the flexibility that Cambrian presents to students who expect a personalized learning experience.
- Cambrian College’s Strategic Plan is focused on one strategic priority: continuous access to flexible and customizable learning experiences. The College’s strategic vision is captured in three words: imagine, inspire, innovate.
- Cambrian College scored above-average in the 2016-17 Key Performance Indicator survey. Scores demonstrate high levels of student satisfaction in knowledge and skills, learning experiences, and graduate satisfaction.
- Eighty-two percent of Cambrian College graduates find employment within six months of graduation – another strong showing that is consistent with provincial results.
- Since 2005, Cambrian students earned 41 provincial and 10 national medals in Skills competitions. This demonstrates the highcalibre teaching and learning experience offered across a variety of programs.
- Through its Foundation, the College distributes more than $600,000 each year in student scholarships and bursaries, reducing and even eliminating financial barriers to postsecondary education.
- Mining innovation
- Environmental Monitoring and Remediation
- Health Sciences
- Design and Visual Communication
- Psycho-Educational Assessments for Post-Secondary Students with Learning Disabilities
From the showcase...
Building with Peat BlocksHousing development in Ontario’s far north is limited, largely because of the high cost of materials and construction challenges created by harsh weather conditions and permafrost. But local peat moss...... more
1400 Barry Downe Rd
Toll Free: 800-461-7145
Building with Peat Blocks
1400 Barry Downe Rd
Toll Free: 800-461-7145