Join Canadian and international leaders, educators, practitioners, policymakers as we focus on the role of colleges and institutes in meeting the climate change commitments of the Paris Climate Accords
Over 1.5 days, up to 400 attendees from across Canada and around the world will gather to challenge the status quo, explore and envisage innovative solutions, and learn how domestic and international partnerships can and will work together to unleash the green potential of technical and vocational education and training (TVET).
Objectives of the Forum
- Create tangible inspiration for all, regardless of size or budget of the institution through communication and awareness-raising.
- Empower behaviour change that is within reach for all through collaborative projects and research.
- Equip delegates with the knowledge, skills and resources to address greenhouse gas emissions on campus and in curriculum.
- Explore opportunities to build climate resilience, integrating Indigenous knowledge about environmental guardianship and stewardship, nationally and internationally.
- Share insights into what it takes to unleash the potential of colleges and institutes to contribute to fighting climate change around the world, how creativity, flexibility, and innovation are behind our forward movement.;
- Confirm the place of rural, remote and northern colleges and institutes in national climate policies and their pivotal role in training the workforce required to reach net zero.