For 60 years, the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) has delivered experiential, hands-on, technology-based education to meet the demands of industry. NAIT’s proudly polytechnic approach to higher education ignites the passions that lead to meaningful careers for our learners and fuels the economic engine of our province and country.
NAIT meets the current and emerging needs for polytechnic education by delivering 93 credit programs leading to degrees, applied degrees, diplomas and certificates, and offering 31 registered trade programs. NAIT also contributes to Alberta’s prosperity by helping businesses and communities become more competitive through industry-driven research and corporate training.
NAIT is relevant and responsive to the needs of Alberta’s economy. These characteristics are embodied in the programs and courses offered through the JR Shaw School of Business, the School of Health and Life Sciences, the School of Skilled Trades and the School of Applied Sciences and Technology, together with more than 1,000 courses through Corporate and Continuing Education.
- NAIT serves over 34,000 apprentices, credit and non-credit students annually.
- 90% employment rate within 9 months of graduating from full-time programs.
- 998% of employers are satisfied with the performance of NAIT graduates.
- Circular Economy
- Cleaner Energy, and Land Management and Restoration
- Digital and Virtual Environments
- Food Product Development
- Industrial Process Automation