Nova Scotia Community College (NSCC) is committed to building Nova Scotia’s economy and quality of life through education and innovation, transforming Nova Scotia one learner at a time.
NSCC offers more than 140 career-oriented programs throughout the province at 14 campuses, including an online eCampus. Programs are offered through five academic schools – Access, Education and Language; Business and Creative Industries; Health and Human Services; Technology and Environment; and Trades and Transportation. These reflect Nova Scotia’s labour market needs and opportunities. An annual survey of NSCC graduates shows that 91% are employed one year after graduation, most in their field of study, with 93% of those employed living and working in Nova Scotia.
- We design programs and learning spaces in collaboration with industry, meeting current / emerging workforce needs. Examples: Irving Shipbuilding Centre of Excellence, customized training for many major employers in NS.
- Our Applied Research team is equipped with leading-edge technology: topo-bathymetric lidar, a laser-sintering machine, and an alternative energy lab. Learning is enhanced for students through hands-on projects using this technology.
- Our campuses and learning centres reach from Yarmouth to Sydney to Amherst and a dozen communities in between. Our sites provide learning closer to home and support community led initiatives.
- We support a continuum of learning with increasing numbers of students coming from university to enrol in Advanced Diplomas and more NSCC graduates taking advantage of 2+2 agreements with universities.
- Dedicated staff teams foster the importance of diversity and inclusion, the spirit of entrepreneurship, and safe work and learning practices. We are committed to sustainability and remaining accessible to communities.