Markets in South Asia show promising momentum and potential for colleges and institutes to grow and diversify their international enrolments. In 2021, nearly 40% of students originating from these countries chose to pursue their studies at one of Canada’s colleges or institutes, up from approximately 30% in 2019. Market fundamentals suggest that a growing proportion of students will seek college level study. Already, in 2021, approximately 400 from Pakistan, over 500 from Bangladesh, over 1,000 from Nepal, and almost 600 from Sri Lanka chose to study at a college or institute in Canada. Students from this region have typically been highly represented in the UK and Australia; however, we have seen a shift to choosing Canada as a top destination for many.
This is an opportunity to connect directly with 20 of the regions top qualified education agents and expand brand awareness across these growing markets. This event will take place in person in Kathmandu, Nepal, but would be shifted to a virtual format if necessary.
Why should you attend?
- Develop new relationships and strengthen existing ones with qualified and verified partners.
- Meet owners and executives of up to 20 carefully selected agencies interested in promoting and sending prospective students to colleges and institutes in Canada.
- Attend market intelligence webinars by industry experts, and Canadian Embassy, High Commission and IRCC officials.
- Keep up with the latest initiatives in the South Asian region
What is included:
- Pre-selection and recruitment of education agencies
- Scheduling of one-on-one business appointments
- Event management
- 20 one-to-one meetings with select agencies from South Asia (Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
- Presentation by Embassy, High Commission and IRCC officials
- Briefing by industry experts prior to the mission
- Mission catalogue featuring agency profiles with pictures
- Additional agent contacts from waitlist (if applicable)
Timeline: Feb 2023
Cost: By institution size determined by your CICan membership
In partnership with: