MITT offers an innovative approach to vocational education. As the province’s newest public college, MITT is transforming technical career education through comprehensive, integrated, secondary, post-secondary, and adult education. MITT plays a fundamental role in the education system; working proactively with industry to develop and provide relevant training. This training leads career-focused students directly to employment, or on to higher education. In 2015-16, MITT welcomed over 6300 full and part time students in a variety of program streams, which include corporate and continuing education and English language training along with post-secondary and secondary programs. With more than 40 programs in areas such as Health and Human Services, Business, Information Technology, and Skilled Trades, MITT offers options for students at all stages of their education and employment.
- 94% of students were satisfied with their overall MITT experience.
- 95% of students felt staff cared about their success.
- Over 50% of MITT graduates have no student debt.
- Recent significant investments have resulted in new programs and facilities, including a new Heavy Equipment Operator program and a state of the art Graphic and Print Technician lab.
- Nearly 90% of graduates found full-time employment in their field of studies within six months.
130 Henlow Bay