Who should attend
Those in the role of manager in place or new director in international offices/divisions who seek leadership development for their current position; leaders who are new or interested in learning how to better lead their department and institution in international initiatives.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed to enhance the leadership skills of current managers or new directors in international divisions within colleges and institutes. Leaders who are either new or interested in learning more about how to lead their department and institution in international initiatives will gain significant knowledge about the international leadership role. The program offers a unique opportunity to interact with and learn from peers from across the country who face similar challenges.
A number of key areas will be examined, including:
- Leadership – self-assessment and skills assessment
- Key elements and challenges of the role;
- Role of the international office/division in your institution;
- Reporting structures, financial models, recruitment strategies, organizational structures;
- The “continuum of internationalization” (international student recruitment, student services, outbound mobility, international partnerships, contract training/service exports, offshore programming and other new modes of international education delivery);
- Human resources management; and
- Risk management.