Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those in the roles of dean and director (in academic, administration, finance, and student services departments), and campus principals who are looking to progress in their careers and aspire to become vice-presidents.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed primarily to enhance participants’ knowledge of the expectations at the vice-president level. Deans, directors, and campus principals who are looking to develop their leadership abilities and advance their careers in the college and institute setting will examine the current and emerging requirements of the role of vice-president and the leadership profile and skills that are essential for success.
A number of key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership – self-assessment and skills assessment;
- the environmental context in which institutions currently exist;
- executive management expectations;
- building a leadership team; and
- the key elements and challenges of the vice president role.