Portage College is an innovative community college operating under the Alberta Post-secondary Learning Act. The College has been serving northern Alberta for 48 years and has seven campus locations strategically located throughout the northern region. Portage is the home for experiential learning, combining hands-on training with state-of-the-art labs and classrooms. Portage College provides over 30 certificate and diploma programs as well as a wide selection of Continuing Education training to more than 4,100 students annually. Portage students continue to achieve new milestones, these include: over 90% of Portage College graduates working in training-related jobs six months after graduation, also for the third year running, 100% of Practical Nurse graduates passed the national LPN exam.
- Our student to teacher ratio is 13 to 1. as we strive to offer personal as well as hands-on learning experiences.
- 100% of employers who hired recent Portage graduates would rehire and recommend that graduate to another.
- We offer over $320,000 in scholarship and bursary money each year.
- We have three unique Centers of Specialization: The Pipeline Training Centre in Boyle, the Food Sciences Centre in St. Paul and the Water/Environmental Training Centre in Lac La Biche.
- Three years in a row our Practical Nurse students scored 100% on their provincial licensing exam.
Un aperçu de nos programmes :
- Power Engineering
- Culinary Arts
- Environmental Studies
Un aperçu de nos spécialisations de recherche :
- Food Sciences Centre
- Pipeline Training Centre
- Environmental/Water Training Centre
Voici comment nous :
Appuyons les étudiants autochtones
Portage College works closely with seven First nations and four Metis Settlements. Portage has 48 years of successful working relationships indigenous communities within Alberta. The College also offers a wide variety of scholarships and student services specifically targeted to indigenous education. From our growing Aboriginal Art and Artisan diploma program to our recent pilot with Enbridge to launch a new Pipeline Construction Worker program for indigenous students, Portage is committed to ensuring everyone has access to quality education.
Date de modification : 2016-02-04