As a post-secondary leader in education, training and research, Lambton College has experienced tremendous growth in recent years. In addition to a significant rise in full-time enrolment, the college also provides skills training to hundreds of apprenticeship students and is home to an extensive international student body. With an expanding roster of 90 diploma, certificate and degree programs, Lambton College offers students a diverse range of flexible learning options, including a broad selection of programs that incorporate elements of classroom, mobile, hybrid and accelerated educational alternatives. As a pioneer in Mobile Learning, Lambton College’s exclusive Class+ Experience is changing the landscape of learning with students using their iPad as a tool to access resources like eTexts, software, learning management systems, and apps both inside and outside of the classroom.
Lambton College has a reputation for training skilled and talented graduates for various industries and continuously works to align programs and training with the evolving needs of employers. Located in the heart of Sarnia-Lambton’s booming energy sector, Lambton College’s world-class Centres of Excellence are renowned for their ability to deliver relevant, career-focused education to support growing demands in the areas of Energy & Bio-Industrial Technology, and Fire & Public Safety.
- Lambton College recently launched a Centre of Excellence in Energy & Bio-Industrial Technologies focusing on Education, Training, and Applied Research, making the college a North American leader in this area.
- According to Research Infosource Inc. annual list of Canada’s Top 50 Research Colleges, Lambton College currently sits 11th overall in the national rankings and fourth among all Ontario research colleges.
- According to the latest Key Performance Indicator report, Lambton College graduates are securing employment at a rate almost 5 per cent higher than the provincial average of 84 per cent.
- The Lambton College Firefighter Combat Team is one of the hottest competitors in the sport, claiming world championship titles at the Annual Scott Firefit World Challenge in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Lambton College’s Mobile Learning initiative is recognized as an Apple Distinguished Program, a designation awarded on criteria for innovation, leadership, and educational excellence, demonstrating Apple’s vision of exemplary learning environments.
Programmes en vedette
Nos spécialisations de recherche
- Bio-Industrial Technology
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Water and Wastewater
- Energy Conversion and Storage
- Instrumentation, Process Control and Optimization