The Education for Employment – Al-Najah Tunisia program supports the improvement of post-degree training and the employability of graduates from the Tunisian ISET (Institutions supérieures d’études technologiques) network with the help of Canadian colleges and institutes.
The objective of this four-year initiative is to increase the economic autonomy of young graduates in Tunisia, notably young female graduates living in poor regions of the country, while reducing the country’s unemployment rate and combatting poverty among women.
A renewed partnership
This partnership between CICan and member institutions, the ISETs and the Directorate-General of Technological Studies from the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MHESR) is a continuation of multiple years of cooperation. In that sense, this initiative is a follow-up to the PRICAT program (Programme de renforcement institutionnel Canada-Tunisie) which led to the creation of ISETs.
The EFE Al-Najah Tunisia project will also contribute to the educational and technical training of teachers based on the Competency-Based Approach (CBA), on gender-sensitive pedagogy, on information and communication technology (ICT) and female entrepreneurship for educational purposes as well as on gender-specific employability strategies for women.
- As of April 4, 2019, Tunisian women represent more than two thirds of postsecondary graduates, but their unemployment rate is twice as high as that of their male counterparts.
- 27,745 students, from which 47% are women, will benefit from this project.
- More than 300 teachers, from which 46% are women forming initial training units, will be trained within partnerships with Canadian colleges and institutes.
This four-year project (2019-2023) will benefit from a CAD $5,8M contribution funded by Global Affairs Canada.
Sustainable Development Goals
- Goal 2: Zero Hunger
- Goal 4: Quality Education
- Goal 5: Gender Equality
- Goal 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth
- Goal 13: Climate Action
- Goal 17: Partnerships to achieve the Goal