Planning for Canada – previously known as the Canadian Immigration Integration Program (CIIP) – provides pre-arrival services to economic and family class immigrants. The program is designed to help newcomers prepare for their relocation, settlement and employment in Canada.
Its services are offered in-person in India and the Philippines, and online world-wide, all of which is free of charge.
Planning for Canada facilitators offer a three-step program in French and English:
- A group orientation session
- A personalized planning session
- A connection to Canadian organizations on an ongoing basis, generally via email
Visit planningforcanada.ca for more information.
“Indeed, the outcome was very positive. As a result of attending the Planning for Canada services, I have a full-time job and am well on my way to settling down, having done some local certifications as well.”
– Lakshmikanth, a former participant
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Newcomer Information Centre in Saskatoon
- Manitoba START
- COSTI Immigrant Services
- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia
- Multicultural Association of Fredericton
- Connexions Francophones Canada
Employment services partners
- 55,000 clients served since 2007
- 15 partners across Canada
- 81% of participants found a job in Canada within their first 6 months
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)