Planning for Canada – previously known as the Canadian Immigration Integration Program (CIIP) – provides pre-arrival services to economic and family class immigrants. The program is designed to help newcomers prepare for their relocation, settlement and employment in Canada.
Its services are offered in–person in India and the Philippines, and online world-wide, all of which is free of charge.
Planning for Canada facilitators offer a three-step program in French and English:
- A group orientation session
- A personalized planning session
- A connection to Canadian organizations on an ongoing basis, generally via email
Visit planningforcanada.ca for more information.
“Indeed, the outcome was very positive. As a result of attending the Planning for Canada services, I have a full-time job and am well on my way to settling down, having done some local certifications as well.”
– Lakshmikanth, a former participant
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Newcomer Information Centre in Saskatoon
- Manitoba START
- COSTI Immigrant Services
- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia
- Multicultural Association of Fredericton
- Connexions Francophones Canada
Employment services partners
- 48,000 clients served since 2007
- 15 partners across Canada
- 81% of participants found a job in Canada within their first 6 months
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)