The Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) Career Launcher program connects employers with skilled students and grads by providing up to $30,000 towards an intern’s salary and training expenses.
Our Internship Programs
Career Launcher facilitate the transition of highly skilled youth to a rapidly changing labour market.
How can you benefit?
- Hire a student or grad to support research projects and other initiatives at your institution
- Encourage your industry partners so they can hire your grads and students
- Tell your students and grads to apply to paid internships in exciting sectors
Subsidies are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
Capturing our Success
Through this internship, I have been able to collaborate with college and university faculty, community partners, local NGOs and industry leaders on several projects throughout my internship. This has exposed me to the ways that organizations navigate the political, social, economic and technological aspects of approaching a mutual goal. I am very grateful for this experience, and the knowledge I have gained throughout my time working at Algonquin College. It has inspired me to continue my studies in the natural sciences.
- 95% of past employers and interns recommend participating in the program.
- 85% of those who have completed their paid internship are now employed or continuing their education.
- Over 40 CICan members have hired students or grads from their institutions as interns.
- 1700 interns placed in subsidized internships
The Government of Canada as part of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy