CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program
The Colleges and Institutes Canada Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program aims to provide financial support to college and institute students that demonstrate financial need and who often face greater challenges and barriers to participate and complete post-secondary education. Students attending colleges or institutes in rural, remote, or northern areas will be given preference for the ten bursaries of up to $5,000 each.
- Students will submit their applications directly to the CICan member college or institute where they are enrolled.
- Each institution will review the applications they receive.
- Each institution will select one application to submit to CICan.
- Bursaries will be disbursed by semester, $2,500 in the first semester and $2,500 in the second semester.
- Bursaries will be paid directly to the student recipients. Prior to each disbursement, verification that the student remains enrolled will be required from the institution.
- Bursaries are intended to be used to cover education-related expenses.