CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program
The Colleges and Institutes Canada Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program aims to provide financial support to college and institute students that demonstrate financial need and face challenges or barriers to participating in and completing post-secondary education. Students attending colleges or institutes in rural, remote, or northern areas will be given preference for the ten bursaries of up to $5,000 each.
- Students must express their interest to apply directly to the college or institute where they are enrolled by September 13th, 2019. The institution must be a CICan member.
- Each institution can select one eligible student to submit to CICan by September 27th, 2019.
- Bursaries will be disbursed by semester, $2,500 in the first semester and $2,500 in the second semester.
- Bursaries will be paid directly to the student recipients. Prior to each disbursement, verification that the student remains enrolled will be required from the institution.
- Bursaries are intended to be used to cover education-related expenses.
How to Apply
Are you a CICan member college or institute?
You are responsible for selecting one eligible student to submit to CICan. You must collect students expressions of interest directly and review candidates in order to submit an application on their behalf directly to CICan by filling out the following application form by September 27th, 2019.
Are you a student?
Students must contact the registrar office of the college or institute where they are enrolled by September 13th, 2019 in order to express their interest and justify their need for financial support.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact Gail Mulhall at firstname.lastname@example.org.