CICan Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program
The Colleges and Institutes Canada Paul and Gerri Charette Bursary Program provides financial support to college and institute students that demonstrate financial need and face challenges or barriers to participating in and completing post-secondary education. Students attending colleges or institutes in rural, remote, or northern areas will be given preference for the bursaries of up to $5,000 each.
- Students must express their interest to apply directly to the college or institute where they are enrolled. The institution must be a CICan member.
- Each institution can select one eligible student to submit to CICan each year.
- Bursaries will be disbursed by semester, $2,500 in the first semester and $2,500 in the second semester.
- Bursaries will be paid directly to the student recipients. Prior to each disbursement, verification that the student remains enrolled will be required from the institution.
- Bursaries are intended to be used to cover education-related expenses.