The CICan Distinguished Service Award is bestowed by CICan’s Presidents’ Leadership Network (PLN) upon one of its members, current or past, in honor of exceptional service and contribution to the college and institute system nationally. The Coordinating Committee of the CICan President’s Leadership Network acts as the selection committee. The award will be presented at CICan Annual Connection Conference 2024 in Calgary, AB.
The selection criteria for the nominations are:
- Be a president/director general of a CICan member institution at the time of the nomination.
- Be viewed by their peers as outstanding in the performance of their presidency.
- Have had a significant impact at both the regional and the national levels.
- Each nomination must be submitted by a president/director general and endorsed by three other presidents/director generals, two of whom must be from outside the province or territory where the nominee currently or most recently served.
- All four presidents/director generals must be from CICan member institutions at the time the nominations are submitted.
For more information, please contact Caroline Gagnon, Director, Member Relations, by email email@example.com or by phone 613-746-2222, ext. 3150.