Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) is pleased to launch the first round of its call for froposals for institutional partnerships for the Pacific Alliance Program (PAP). This program is funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC) (previously Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development).
Round one includes partnerships with the following institutions:
- Instituto Superior de Educación Pública Honorio Delgado Espinoza de Arequipa for Terms of Reference ToR-B.07 – Metallurgy and Heavy Equipment Maintenance;
- Centro de Formación Técnica de la Universidad Católica del Norte (CFT CEDUC) de Antofagasta and the Colegio Técnico Industrial (CTI) Don Bosco for ToR-B.01 – Electricity and energy efficiency, Electricity and Entrepreneurship for women and indigenous populations;
- Centro de Formación Técnica de la Universidad Católica del Norte (CFT CEDUC) de Coquimbo and the Centro de Formación Técnico publica de Ovalle (CFT publico OTEC) for ToR-B.02 – Operation of mining sites and Base operator of mining sites;
What’s in it for your college or institute?
- Develop and expand international networks;
- Share your Canadian expertise in program development that is responsive to economic trends and labour market shifts;
- Canadian faculty learn and apply their knowledge and skills in cross-cultural settings;
- Bring new skills and insights back home in order to internationalize curriculum and institutions;
- Establish links with employer groups, international student groups and links with other development initiatives;
- Improve the professional development of the staff and internationalize the quality of education offered to Canadian students.
We look forward to your participation in these partnerships! Your Chilean and Peruvian counterparts have participated in the development of the Terms of Reference and are keen to work with their Canadian partners as soon as possible.
The deadline to submit proposals for Round 1 is March 16, 2018.
For more information please do not hesitate to contact:
Lina Amaya, Senior Program Officer
(613) 746-2222 ext 3157