Submit a proposal to present at Colleges and Institutes Canada’s (CICan) upcoming Indigenous Education Symposium and share your knowledge and innovative approaches to serving Indigenous peoples and communities.
This interactive event will be a great opportunity for leaders in Indigenous education from colleges and institutes, industry, government and CICan partners from the Pacific Alliance countries (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) to come together under the theme TAPWEWIN and ReconciliACTION. The symposium will also be an opportunity for participants to celebrate the 2019 Year of Indigenous Languages.
Proposals should be aligned with the overall umbrella theme of the symposium, TAPWEWIN and ReconciliACTION and address one of the following topics:
1. Celebrating Indigenous Culture, Heritage and History
- Revitalizing Indigenous Languages
- Building Awareness and Understanding within the Institution
- Bridging the Past and the Present
2. Integrating Traditional Knowledge
- Developing Land-Based Learning
- Indigenizing Curriculum and Delivery Models
- Working with Elders
3. Engaging, Supporting and Mentoring Indigenous Students
- Providing Wrap-Around Supports and Services
- Creating Inclusive and Healthy Environments
- Attracting Women in Under-Represented and/or Non-Traditional Occupations
- Implementing Innovative Outreach and Support Approaches
4. Building Strategic Relationships
- Mobilizing Communities
- Engaging Industry
- Collaborating with Post-Secondary Institutions
- Advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
5. Strengthening Governance and Leadership
- Indigenizing governance and leadership structures
- Sharing leadership team’s best practices
- Engaging Faculty, Staff and Students
The proposals can be submitted as individual presentations or panel format with a maximum of three panelists. Please note that each college or institute will only be allowed to present once.
Presentations must be submitted by Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
For more information regarding the call for presentations, please contact Anne Brazeau-Monnet at (613) 746-2222, ext 3104 or email email@example.com