Vancouver Island University (VIU) is home to more than 18,000 full and part-time students. This includes approximately 2,000 First Nations students – more than any other university in BC. Add to that 1,900 international students from 80 different countries and the mosaic that is VIU begins to take shape. By being responsive to demand and working directly with local industry and employers, VIU ensures that its graduates can seamlessly fill the needs of the high tech, business, health care, natural resource and construction sectors. With campuses in Nanaimo, Cowichan, Powell River and the Parksville-Qualicum Centre, VIU’s ability to offer higher learning opportunities has expanded across a wide range of disciplines. Through facilities such as the Deep Bay Marine Field Station for aquaculture; partnerships with First Nations and school districts to enhance community-based delivery; and the continued delivery of high quality trades training, VIU has established itself as a scientific and economic leader. By offering a diverse range of trades certificates, bachelors degrees across a wide range of programs and masters degrees in areas such as education, community planning, nursing, and the sciences; VIU has something for everyone.
- 91% of recent VIU bachelor graduates were “very satisfied” or “satisfied” with the education they received from their program.
- 95% of recent bachelor graduates rated the quality of instruction in their program as “very good” or “good” at VIU.
- 86% of recent VIU bachelor graduates are currently employed.
- 87% of recent VIU bachelor graduates that are employed said the knowledge and skills they gained from their program is useful in performing their jobs.
- 97% of recent VIU apprenticeship graduates are in the labour force.
900 Fifth St
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Toll Free: 888-920-2221