Since 1975, Cumberland College has been providing high quality training and education programs for adults in northeastern Saskatchewan. Cumberland College is one of seven regional colleges within the Saskatchewan college system. The College operates from three campuses located in Melfort, Nipawin, and Tisdale. Full-time and part-time programming is offered in the areas of college certificates and diplomas, university courses and degree programs, as well as adult basic education (ABE). Additionally learning is available in the areas of literacy, safety, and continuing education. The College’s mission is to provide excellent lifelong learning opportunities today, preparing individuals and communities for tomorrow and, as such, is committed to increasing education, training and labour force development in the region.
- ABE credit programs have an 80.5% Aboriginal participation enrollment rate.
- 92% of students rated their satisfaction with the quality of instruction in their courses and programs as either very satisfied or satisfied.
- Within 60 days of completing their studies, 86.4% of the Institute Credit graduates were employed.
- Over $100 000 is awarded in scholarships annually to students enrolled in university, technical and ABE programs.
- With a provincial operating grant of $4.9 million, Cumberland College contributed $16.2 million to the region in terms of Gross Domestic Product in 2012-13.
P.O. Box 2225