For the 43rd Parliament
Did you know?
- Colleges and institutes serve as vital community hubs that work closely with employers through program advisory committees to help ensure skills training meets their needs.
- In 2017-2018 colleges and institutes worked with over 7300 partners on applied research projects, resulting in over 4400 concrete innovations, including new products, services, prototypes or processes.
- Canada’s extensive network of colleges and institutes generated over $191 billion in additional income to the national economy in 2014-15 and for every dollar spent on providing college and institute education, $5.40 is added in national income and social savings.
- Over 280, 000 international students held a valid permit to study at a college or institute in Canada in 2018.
- Demand for study permits to colleges and institutes has grown faster than for all other study levels (319% from 2014 to 2018) representing 44% of demand in 2018.
Our priorities are:
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) is a nonpartisan organization that provides information to the public and advocates on behalf of its members across Canada. CICan is committed to working with all political parties and while we may have positions on specific issues we do not, nor will we, endorse specific parties or candidates.