Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those in the role of manager or director, current or newly appointed, in international offices and divisions who seek leadership development for their current position, and who are interested in learning how to better lead their department and institution in international initiatives.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed to enhance the leadership skills of current or newly appointed managers or directors in international divisions within colleges and institutes. Leaders who are interested in learning more about how to lead their department and institution in international initiatives. Participants will gain significant knowledge about their international leadership role. It will examine the current and emerging leadership requirements of the role of International Managers, and consider the leadership profile and essential skills for success.
Participants will examine a number of key areas, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the key elements and challenges of this role;
- the role of the international offices and divisions in your institution;
- reporting structures, financial models, recruitment strategies, and organizational structures;
- off-shore projects, programs and campuses, their opportunities and challenges, and how to access funding agencies;
- HR management practices and approaches; and,
- risk management in international work.
- Ann Buller, President & CEO, Centennial College
- Lane Trotter, President & CEO, Langara College
- Alain Roy, Vice-President, International Partnerships, CICan
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
” The specific and varied stories shared by the senior Deans/Directors of International provided a long-term picture of the necessary foundation needed for international education start-up operations, right through to the bumps, bruises and huge successes experienced as a result of comprehensive internationalization mandates. The conversations were compelling and the strong mentor/mentee relationships continue to support emerging leaders across Canada’s college sector.”
Manager, Global Consulting and Partnerships
|July 3, 2019||17:00||Member Activity: |
Registration & Reception
|July 3, 2019||19:00||Member Activity: |
|July 4, 2019||7:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|July 5, 2019||07:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|July 6, 2019||07:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|July 7, 2019||07:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|July 8, 2019||7:00 - 12:00||Member Activity: |
Breakfast and Departure
|Leadership Institute Registration||Member Fees: $ 1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: $ 1,999.00|
DATE AND TIME
(613) 746-2222 EXT. 3069