Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those currently in the role of program chair, and managers responsible for program areas or service areas who seek to develop their leadership abilities and to better understand the trends impacting their current position.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed to enhance the leadership skills of chairs and managers responsible for either program and service areas in the college and institute setting. It will examine the current and emerging leadership requirements of these roles and, also consider the profile and skills essential for success.
A number of key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the environmental context in which institutions currently exist;
- moving from a program focus to a broader institutional focus;
- the key elements and challenges of this role;
- senior management expectations and team relationships;
- building team capacity;
- managing in a college and institute context; and,
- the value of mentorship: for self and for team.
- Don Gnatiuk, President, Grande Prairie Regional College
- Anna Burke, Vice President, Academic, Nova Scotia Community College
- Brett Griffiths, Dean, School of Trades, Technology and Design, Vancouver Community College
- Leah Jurkovic, Director, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, CICan
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 and to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
The Course Facilitators were exceptional. The depth of the knowledge with this group was amazing, and the best part was they were willing to impart that knowledge.
Chairperson, Public Safety
Assiniboine Community College
My career as an Academic Chair began again when I took this powerful training. With the mentorship, authenticity and skill of the guiding team matched with a well planned event all provided a space that deeply encouraged growth. I will be forever grateful for the insights and encouragement.
Chair, Food & Tourism Studies
|Day||Date||Time||Member Activities||Non-Member Activities|
|Day 1||Member Activity: |
Registration & Reception
|Day 2||Member Activity: |
|Day 3||Member Activity: |
|Day 4||Member Activity: |
|Day 5||Member Activity: |
|Day 6||Member Activity: |
Breakfast and Departure
|Leadership Institute for Program Chairs||Member Fees: $ 1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: $ 1,999.00|