CICan Leadership Institutes are for CICan members only.
Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those in the roles of dean and director (in academic, administration, finance, and student services departments), and campus principals who are looking to progress in their careers and aspire to become vice-presidents.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed primarily to enhance participants’ knowledge of the expectations at the vice-president level. Deans, directors and campus principals who are looking to develop their leadership abilities and advance their careers in the college and institute setting will examine the current and emerging requirements of the role of vice-president and the leadership profile and skills that are essential for success.
A number of key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the environmental context in which institutions currently exist;
- executive management expectations;
- building a leadership team; and,
- the key elements and challenges of the vice president role.
- Dr. Karen Barnes, President and Vice-Chancellor, Yukon College
- Dr. Andrew Hay, Vice President, Education, Okanagan College
- Monica Foster, Vice-President, College Services and Chief Financial Officer, Nova Scotia Community College
- Christine Trauttmansdorff, Vice-President, Government Relations and Canadian Partnerships, CICan
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to individuals from CICan member institutions and to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered.
One of the best experiences of my academic career! The leadership institute stimulated strategies, shared perspectives and helped me construct the next level of opportunities.
Dean, School of Media, Arts & Design
The Leadership Institue is essential professional development for any Dean or Director who wants to make that next step in their career or to hone their skill in their current role.
Dean, School of Manufacturing and Automation
|Day||Date||Time||Member Activities||Non-Member Activities|
|Day 1||17:00 - 21:00||Member Activity: |
Registration & Reception
|Day 2||7:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|Day 3||7:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|Day 4||7:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|Day 5||7:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|Day 6||7:00 - 12:00||Member Activity: |
Breakfast and Departure
|Leadership Institute for Deans, Directors and Campus Principals||Member Fees: 1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: Closed Event|