Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those currently in the role of manager or director, program chair, associate dean, or associate director, who are looking to progress in their careers. Recently appointed deans and directors may be interested in attending to garner knowledge on the leadership profile essential for success and approaches that may contribute to the development of their function and their career within the institution.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed primarily for managers or newly appointed directors who are looking to progress in their careers by examining the current and emerging requirements of the roles of higher management levels and the leadership profile and essential skills required for success in a changing and challenging landscape.
A number of key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the environmental context: changes and challenges for institutions;
- transitioning from a program focus to a broader institutional focus: seeing things differently;
- management vs leadership;
- senior management expectations;
- team relationships and building team capacity;
- leading in a unionized environment;
- the value of mentorship and coaching: for self and for a team; and,
- the key elements and challenges of the dean and director roles.
- Francois Dornier, Director General, Cégep de Rimouski
- Line Michaud, Vice-President, Collège Boréal
- Vacant position
- Caroline Gagnon, Director, Member Relations, CICan
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to individuals from CICan member institutions and to a maximum of 3 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
« Durant cette semaine chargée, j’ai eu l’occasion de connaitre de mes collègues dans le réseau collégial davantage. Le contenu du cours était incroyable et suscitait une réflexion personnelle qui m’aide en tant que Leader dans mon institution. Les sessions de coaching m’ont permis de discuter mes incertitudes face aux défis comme jeune leader. Excellente semaine ! »
Lianne Richards Tyson
Chef, Budget et projets
|November 25, 2019||17:00||Member Activity: |
Registration & Reception
|November 25, 2019||19:00||Member Activity: |
|November 26, 2019||07:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|November 27, 2019||07:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|November 28, 2019||07:00 - 17:00||Member Activity: |
|November 29, 2019||07:00 - 09:00||Member Activity: |
Breakfast and Departure
|Leadership Institute Registration||Member Fees: $ 1,800||Non-Member Fees: $ 1,999|