Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for managers or new directors in international offices and divisions who seek leadership development for their current position, and leaders who are new or interested in learning how to better lead their department and institution through international initiatives.
What you will learn
This intensive program is designed to enhance the leadership skills of current managers or new directors in international divisions within colleges and institutes. Leaders who are either new or interested in learning more about how to lead their department and institution in international initiatives will gain significant knowledge about the international leadership role. It will examine the current and emerging leadership requirements of the role of International Manager, and review the leadership profile and skills essential for success.
Participants will examine a number of key areas, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the key elements and challenges of this role;
- the role of the international office or division in your institution;
- reporting structures, financial models, recruitment strategies, and organizational structures;
- off-shore projects, programs and campuses, their opportunities and challenges, and how to access funding agencies;
- HR management practices and approaches; and,
- risk management in international work.
- Malika Habel, Directrice générale, Collège Maisonneuve
- Laurie Rancourt, Senior Vice-President, Academic, Humber College
- Alain Roy, Vice-President, International Partnerships, CICan
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered.
|Day||Date||Time||Member Activities||Non-Member Activities|
|Day 1||Member Activity: ||Non-Member Activity: |
|Day 2||Member Activity: ||Non-Member Activity: |
|Day 3||Member Activity: ||Non-Member Activity: |
All 3 days (Nov 11-13th)
*Note: This institute for leaders in international is being offered in French for the first time and will be open to colleges and institutes that are not CICan members, on an exceptional basis.
|Member Fees: $875||Non-Member Fees: $975|