Join leaders from Canadian colleges, institutes, stakeholder organizations and government, as well as CICan partners from the Pacific Alliance countries (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) to exchange innovative practices and share knowledge about Indigenous Education.
2019 has been declared by the United Nations as the International Year of Indigenous Languages. Numerous initiatives will take place to encourage urgent action to preserve, revitalize and promote Indigenous languages around the world.
Therefore, co-hosted by Saskatchewan Polytechnic and the Saskatchewan Indian Institute of Technologies, this year’s CICan Indigenous Education Symposium program will feature the importance and value for international collaboration and dialogue around this issue as well as many other topics related to Indigenous education.
For the first time, a delegation through CICan’s Pacific Alliance Education for Employment (PA-EFE) Program will participate in the symposium with the financial support from Global Affairs Canada.
1. Provide a unique opportunity for participants to reflect and share experiences and best practices on Indigenous Education related issues.
2. Reflect on the role of Canadian and international colleges, institutes, cégeps and polytechnics in serving the learning needs of Indigenous peoples and communities, including the promotion of Indigenous languages.
3. Provide opportunities for participants to network and share experiences, approaches and best practices in supporting reconciliation through the implementation of the principles of CICan’s Indigenous Education Protocol which include:
* increasing Indigenous representation in institutional governance;
* indigenizing curriculum and learning approaches;
* creating more supportive and culturally relevant learning environments and;
* strengthening partnerships with Indigenous communities.
|November 4, 2019||5:30 pm - 7:30 pm||Member Activity: |
|November 5, 2019||7:30 am - 8:30 pm||Member Activity: |
|November 6, 2019||7:30 am - 3:00 pm||Member Activity: |
|All 3 days (Nov 4-6)||Member Fees: $550||Non-Member Fees: $675|
|Day 1 (Nov 4)||Member Fees: $50||Non-Member Fees: $75|
|Day 2 (Nov 5)||Member Fees: $375||Non-Member Fees: $425|
|Day 3 (Nov 6)||Member Fees: $300||Non-Member Fees: $350|
|Student *Please note that a student must be enrolled full time at a CICan Member Institution.||Member Fees: $175||Non-Member Fees: -|