TAPWEWIN and ReconciliACTION
Join leaders from colleges, institutes, stakeholder organizations and government, as well as CICan partners from the Pacific Alliance countries (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) at the 2019 Indigenous Education Symposium entitled TAPWEWIN* and ReconciliACTION to exchange innovative practices and share knowledge about Indigenous Education.
2019 has been declared by the United Nations as the International Year of Indigenous Languages. Numerous initiatives will take place to encourage urgent action to preserve, revitalize and promote Indigenous languages around the world.
This year’s program will feature the importance and value for international collaboration and dialogue around this issue as well as many other topics related to Indigenous education.
For the first time, a delegation through CICan’s Pacific Alliance Education for Employment (PA-EFE) Program will participate in the symposium with the financial support from Global Affairs Canada.
- Provide a unique opportunity for participants to reflect and share innovative approaches and best practices on Indigenous Education related issues and priorities;
- Reflect on the role of Canadian and international colleges, institutes, cégeps and polytechnics in serving the learning needs of Indigenous peoples and communities, including
the promotion and reinforcement of Indigenous languages;
- Provide opportunities for participants to network and share innovative approaches and best practices in supporting reconciliation through various actions, including the
implementation of the principles of CICan’s Indigenous Education Protocol (*67 colleges and institutes have signed the Protocol) such as:
- Increasing Indigenous representation in institutional governance;
- Indigenizing curriculum and learning approaches;
- Creating more supportive and culturally relevant learning environments and;
- Strengthening partnerships with Indigenous communities.
With the support of host institutions:
In Collaboration With
|November 4, 2019||5:30 pm - 7:30 pm||Member Activity: |
|November 5, 2019||7:30 am - 8:30 pm||Member Activity: |
|November 6, 2019||7:30 am - 3:00 pm||Member Activity: |
|All 3 days (Nov 4-6)||Member Fees: $550||Non-Member Fees: $675|
|Symposium Welcome Reception (Nov 4)||Member Fees: $50||Non-Member Fees: $75|
|Day 2 (Nov 5)||Member Fees: $375||Non-Member Fees: $425|
|Day 3 (Nov 6)||Member Fees: $300||Non-Member Fees: $350|
|Student *Please note that a student must be enrolled full time at a CICan Member Institution.||Member Fees: $175||Non-Member Fees: -|
DATE AND TIME
Saskatoon, SK, S7K 3G9
6137462222, ext. 3104