Colleges and institutes are leaders in applied research and actively support inclusive economic growth by working in close collaboration with industry and community partners to drive innovation. Together, we will explore how we can leverage the expertise and capacity available in colleges and institutes across the country to support business innovation, foster entrepreneurship, contribute to building vibrant communities and advance innovation in key sectors.
The Symposium will also feature a Student Innovation Showcase during which students will share their research findings and discuss the benefits of applied research as a work-integrated learning opportunity.
Held in Ottawa, the Symposium will provide a forum for exchanges on innovation and inclusive growth between federal officials and college and institute applied research leaders.
**Registration deadline : Tuesday, February 6, 5:00 p.m. EST.** Please note that since we need to send the Symposium participants list to Parliament Hill in order to ensure proper security clearance, you will need to register before the deadline in order to ensure your participation to the Student Innovation Showcase and Lunch on Parliament Hill on February 12.**
55 Colonel By Dr,
Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
Monday, February 12, 2018
Reception: 5:00 p.m.
Dinner: 7:00 p.m.
55 Colonel By Dr, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2
Participants are responsible for meals not included in the registration fee.
Applied Research Symposium Registration:
CICan Member Institutions – $650
Non-Member Institutions – $775
- Continental Breakfast (2)
- Lunch (2)
- All Sessions and Keynotes
- All Breaks
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Substitutions are accepted by email up to February 9, 2018.
- You can cancel your own registration online up to February 8, 2018 or email us your cancellation request.
- Prior to January 12, 2018: A refund of 50% of the full amount paid.
- After January 12, 2018: No refunds.
- We do not accept cancellations by phone.
Please note that accommodation is not included in the registration fee. Registrants are responsible for procuring their own accommodation.
If you are traveling by plane, we invite you to take advantage of our 10% discount rate for the following company:
- Travel destination for Ottawa, ON (YOW) only
- Travel period begins Sunday, February 04, 2018 and ends Tuesday, February 20, 2018
- No discount will apply to Tango and Executive Class lowest bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.