Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) is the national and international voice of Canada’s publicly supported colleges, institutes and polytechnics. Colleges and institutes work with industry and social sectors to train 1.5 million learners of all ages and backgrounds at campuses serving over 3,000 urban, rural and remote communities in Canada.
The CICan 2016 Conference “Inspiration” will be hosted by Cégep Garneau, Cégep Limoilou, Cégep de Sainte-Foy, and Champlain Regional College, in Quebec City, QC from May 29-31, 2016.
A priority for Canada’s colleges and institutes is collaborating with business, industry, sector councils and national organizations to overcome mutual challenges and build on successes. On Tuesday morning, May 31 join in the conversation with more than 700 college and institute CEOs, senior administrators, board members, managers, faculty and students, from Canada and around the world.
The morning will kick off with a breakfast at 7:30 a.m. as Manjit Minhas, an entrepreneur and judge on CBC’s Dragon’s Den, shares business lessons with equal parts force and finesse. Minhas runs a $155 million brewery-the 10th largest worldwide-that she helped build from scratch. Her unprecedented success demolished stereotypes, surprised her competitors, and cleared a path for entrepreneurs of every age and gender.
Following, Madame Lise Watier, an entrepreneurial pioneer and former television personality, will take the floor. Mme. Watier launcher Lise Watier Cosmétiques and in 1993 introduced NEIGES, the most successful fragrance ever in Canada, still the best selling perfume in Quebec and one of the top sellers in Canada (Les Affaires). In 2009, she created the Lise Watier Foundation with the mission of empowering women and girls in need. Her company donated all revenue from sales of ROSE TENDRESSE lipstick in its PLUMPISSIMO and GLOSS LUMIÈRE D’ESPOIR lipstick lines to the foundation and since April 2010, has generated more than $1,000,000 for the foundation.
Manjit Minhas Lise Watier
Note: Space is limited, be sure to register by Thursday, May 26 to secure a place at the table.
Visit the CICan 2016 Conference website for further information!
Quebec City Convention Centre
900 Rene-Levesque Boulevard E.
Quebec City, QC G1R 2B5
Business and Industry Breakfast Registration – $75
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Please note that there will be NO refunds given for this event.
- Substitutes are accepted by email up to May 26, 2016.
- You can cancel your own registration online up to May 26, 2016 or email us your cancellation request.
- We do not accept cancellations by phone.
Hotel Palace Royal
775 Honoré-Mercier Avenue
Québec City, QC G1R 6A5
Reservations : 1-800-567-5276
Group number: 3474423
Given that the 3 Conference hotels are located in close proximity of the Quebec Convention Centre, NO shuttle will be provided.
If you are traveling by plane, we invite you to take advantage of our 10% discount rate for the following companies:
- Travel destination for Quebec QC (YQB) only
- Travel period begins Friday, May 20, 2016 and ends Tuesday, June 7, 2016
- No discount will apply to Tango and Executive Class lowest bookings for travel within Canada or between Canada and the U.S.
Group Code: CC8534
Reservation: The group code can only be used by calling the WestJet Groups department from Monday to Friday between 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. MST at: 1-877-952-4696
- Travel destination for Quebec, QC (YQB)only
- Discounts apply to Econo and Flex fares, however cannot be used on Plus fares
- Discount only applies to flights marketed and operated wholly by WestJet, and are not applicable when travelling with our code-share, interline or other airline partners
- Travel period begins Saturday, May 21, 2016 and ends Tuesday, June 7, 2016
- Travel destination for Québec City, QC only (to and from)
- Travel period begins Tuesday, May 24, 2016 and ends Friday, June 3, 2016
- Fare applies to a maximum of two passengers per booking
- One complimentary stopover is allowed at no additional charge
- For travel on all fare plans in Business class, the first stopover is allowed at no additional charge, provided that this stopover takes place in Toronto, Montréal or Ottawa only
- Discount applies to fares in Economy, Economy Plus, Business, Business Plus, Sleeper, or Sleeper Plus class
- Discount does not apply in any EscapeClass fares
*Online Booking Tips:
You have to log in to your profile, or create one prior to booking. On the Passenger information screen, select “Convention fare” from the “Discount Type” drop-down menu, and enter the discount code for your convention or event in the “Discount code” field. This code has been given to you by the conference organizer. The conference fare will be shown on the next page.
Program Information: Gail Mulhall, 613-746-2222 ext. 3115
Registration Information: Bruce Landry, 613-746-2222 ext. 3162