Our primary concern has been, and will always remain, the health and well-being of our members, participants, and partners.
Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those currently in the role of manager, program chair, associate dean, or associate director, who seek to develop their leadership abilities, progress in their careers, and better understand the global trends that are having an impact in their current position.
Key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the environmental context: changes and challenges for institutions;
- moving from a program focus to a broader institutional focus: management vs leadership;
- senior management expectations;
- team relationships and building team capacity;
- leading in a unionized environment;
- the value of mentorship and coaching: for self and for a team; and,
- the key elements and challenges of the dean/director roles.
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants and to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
June 25: Arrival, reception, dinner
June 26 – 28: Sessions (June 27 dinner)
June 29: Sessions and farewell dinner
June 30: Breakfast and departure
After participating in the CiCan Program Chairs Institute in 2019, I now understand why the event is so well-respected. It gave me an excellent opportunity to reflect on my own practice while at the same time offering the chance to connect with colleagues from across Canada. One of the most important things I learned was that we are not alone and we are all experiencing many of the same challenges (and successes!) regardless of our institutional context. Do yourself a HUGE favour - enroll in this institute as soon as possible.
|Leadership Institute Registration||Member Fees: $1 800.00||Non-Member Fees: $1 999.00|
|Guest at dinner||Member Fees: $50.00||Non-Member Fees: $75.00|
DATE AND TIME
Leah Jurkovic, Director, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
613-746-2222 x. 3119