Who should attend
This institute is designed for individuals who are in a managerial or new leadership position in an international business division or office and who wish to develop their leadership skills in their role.
Key areas will be examined, including
- leadership – self-assessment and skills assessment;
- the key elements and challenges of the role ;
- the role of your institution’s international affairs office or division;
- reporting structures, financial models, recruitment strategies and organizational structures;
- International projects, programs and institutions – opportunities and challenges, access to funding agencies;
- human resource management practices and approaches; and
- risk management in international projects;
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
June 18: Arrival, reception, dinner (participants only)
June 19 – 21: Sessions, breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, and a dinner (guests are invited to attend)
June 22: Sessions, breakfast, lunch, coffee breaks, and farewell dinner/graduation (guests are invited to attend)
June 23: Breakfast and departure
Vice-President, International Education, Centennial College
President & CEO, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
The specific and varied stories shared by the senior Deans/Directors of International provided a long-term picture of the necessary foundation needed for international education start-up operations, right through to the bumps, bruises and huge successes experienced as a result of comprehensive internationalization mandates. The conversations were compelling and the strong mentor/mentee relationships continue to support emerging leaders across Canada’s college sector.
|Leadership Institute||Member Fees: $1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: $1,999.00|
DATE AND TIME
Alain Roy, Director, International Partnerships
613-746-2222 ext. 3132