Postponement of Leadership Institutes
Given the continuing concerns over COVID-19 and in keeping with the recommendations of public health officials to avoid large gatherings and limit non-essential travel, we have made the difficult decision to postpone for another year this summer’s Leadership Institutes to June 2022. Registered participated will be contacted and are eligible for a full refund or transfer of registration fees to summer 2022.
Our primary concern has been, and will always remain, the health and well-being of our members, participants, and partners.
Who should attend
Those in the role of manager or new director in applied research offices/divisions who seek leadership development for their current position; research division staff (e.g. project managers, industry liaison staff, research coordinators); individuals from other areas of the institution who aspire to leadership positions in applied research or are interested in learning how to better lead their department and institution in applied research and innovation initiatives.
Key areas will be examined, including
- leadership – self-assessment and skills assessment;
- the key elements and challenges of the role of applied research leader in a college;
- diversity and scope of college-based applied research across Canada;
- the role of the applied research office/division in institutions;
- strategic approaches and risk management;
- funding mechanisms;
- internal relationships and external partnerships;
- intellectual property and research ethics;
- projects and programs – opportunities and challenges; and
- link between research and innovation and entrepreneurship.
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
June 18: Arrival, reception, dinner
June 19 – 22: Sessions (June 20 dinner)
June 22: Sessions and farewell dinner
June 23: Breakfast and departure
The institute provides valuable insights for developing into a great transformational leader, in ways that no university leadership program could provide. This is real, authentic, experiential learning at its finest.
|Leadership Institute||Member Fees: $1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: $1,999.00|
|Guest at dinner||Member Fees: $50.00||Non-Member Fees: $75.00|
DATE AND TIME
613-746-2222 ext. 3103