Who should attend
Those in the role of manager or new director in applied research offices/divisions who seek leadership development for their current position; research division staff (e.g. project managers, industry liaison staff, research coordinators); individuals from other areas of the institution who aspire to leadership positions in applied research or are interested in learning how to better lead their department and institution in applied research and innovation initiatives.
Key areas will be examined, including
- leadership – self-assessment and skills assessment;
- the key elements and challenges of the role of applied research leader in a college;
- diversity and scope of college-based applied research across Canada;
- the role of the applied research office/division in institutions;
- strategic approaches and risk management;
- funding mechanisms;
- internal relationships and external partnerships;
- intellectual property and research ethics;
- projects and programs – opportunities and challenges; and
- link between research and innovation and entrepreneurship.
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants. Participation is restricted to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
Associate Vice President, Research and Program Innovation, NBCC
Dean, Applied Research, BCIT
Associate Vice-President, Applied Research and Innovation, NSCC
Director, Government Relations & Policy Research, CICan
The institute provides valuable insights for developing into a great transformational leader, in ways that no university leadership program could provide. This is real, authentic, experiential learning at its finest.
|June 19, 2021||5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
Registration & Opening Reception
|June 20, 2021||7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
|June 21, 2021||7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
|June 22, 2021||7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
Includes breakfast, lunch, and two breaks.
|June 23, 2021||7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
|June 24, 2021||8:00 -||Member Activity: |
Breakfast and departure
|Leadership Institute||Member Fees: $1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: $1,999.00|
|Guest at dinner||Member Fees: $50.00||Non-Member Fees: $75.00|
DATE AND TIME
613-746-2222 ext. 3103