Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those in the role of vice-president (in academic, administration, finance, and student services departments) or equivalent positions who aspire to become Presidents.
Key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership, skills and traits – self-assessment and skills assessment;
- key contextual issues facing Canadian college/institute executives-nationally and internationally;
- internal and external roles/responsibilities/accountabilities of the President;
- the role and relationship of the executive team with the President;
- governance responsibilities; and
- the key elements and challenges of the role of the President.
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants and to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
President & CEO, CICan
President, Nova Scotia Community College
President, Durham College
President, Camosun College
I found the President Leadership Institute to be a powerful learning experience with both novice and seasoned serving Presidents from across Canada who offered much insight into the multitude of issues, challenges, and solutions that each President is dealing with and each of us had something to offer and take away as new learning... The session related to negotiating your next term contract was extremely meaningful and helpful and I look forward to more learning with and from my peers at next year’s President’s Leadership Institute.
|7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m||Member Activity: |
Sessions July 6 – 9, 2020
|July 5, 2020||5:00 - 9:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
Registration & Opening reception
|July 9, 2020||7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
|July 10, 2020||7:00 a.m.||Member Activity: |
Breakfast and departures
|Leadership Institute||Member Fees: $1,800.00||Non-Member Fees: $1,999.00|
|Guest at dinner||Member Fees: $50.00||Non-Member Fees: $75.00|
DATE AND TIME
613-746-2222 ext. 3144