Who should attend
This Leadership Institute is designed for those currently in the role of manager, program chair, associate dean, or associate director, who seek to develop their leadership abilities, progress in their careers, and better understand the global trends that are having an impact in their current position.
Key areas will be examined, including:
- leadership (self-assessment and skills assessment);
- the environmental context: changes and challenges for institutions;
- moving from a program focus to a broader institutional focus: management vs leadership;
- senior management expectations;
- team relationships and building team capacity;
- leading in a unionized environment;
- the value of mentorship and coaching: for self and for a team; and,
- the key elements and challenges of the dean/director roles.
Early registration is encouraged for a maximum of 30 participants and to a maximum of 2 participants per college. Should space permit, an additional participant may be considered. We also welcome participants from non-member institutions or other organizations.
President, Lambton College
Vice President, Academic, Nova Scotia Community College
Vice President, Strategic Initiatives, North Island College
Dean, School of Manufacturing and Automation, SAIT
Director, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement, CICan
The training offered by CICAN was experiential and absolutely relevant to advancing participants to new Leadership Roles. The faculty are approachable, engaging and so knowledgeable and eager to share their experiences. I would highly recommend this training.
|7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
Sessions June 21 – 24, 2020
|June 20, 2020||5:00 - 9:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
Registration & Opening reception
|June 24, 2020||7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.||Member Activity: |
|Leadership Institute Registration||Member Fees: $1 800.00||Non-Member Fees: $1 999.00|
|Guest at dinner||Member Fees: $50.00||Non-Member Fees: $75.00|
DATE AND TIME
Leah Jurkovic, Director, Communications and Stakeholder Engagement
613-746-2222 x. 3119