Located in the beautiful Fraser Valley just east of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the University of the Fraser Valley (UFV) is a fully accredited, public university that enrolls approximately 14,500 students per year. UFV has campuses and locations in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, Hope and Agassiz, and a growing presence in Chandigarh, India.
UFV strives to be a place of learning that recognizes, respects and includes indigenous ways of knowing. Our Fraser Valley locations are in the traditional territory of the Stó:lō peoples. UFV is recognized nationally for student success, an excellent learning environment, creative integration of programming, and our work with local communities. UFV is large enough to offer variety, and yet our small class sizes allow students to get to know their instructors and learn in a hands-on environment. We offer more than 100 programs, including master’s and bachelor’s degrees, majors, minors, and extended minors in more than 30 subject areas, and more than a dozen trades and technology programs. Our admission policies are flexible, and students can learn in a variety of ways: full-time, part-time, in-class, online, as part of a structured program or one tailored completely to their interests.
Many of our programs ladder into one another, allowing students to earn a one-year certificate and/or a two-year diploma on the way to completing a full degree. Others offer a co-operative education option, where students can combine study with professional, paid work experience. Our emphasis on applied research offers many opportunities for student researchers. Our thriving international programming makes for a culturally diverse student community and great opportunities to study abroad. Our continuing studies and academic upgrading offerings make learning a lifelong experience. Many clubs, events, and activities enhance student life on campus and our award-winning Cascades athletics teams are highly competitive.
- 96% of graduates are satisfied/very satisfied with the quality of education, and 99% of degree students are satisfied/very satisfied with the quality of instruction. Our average class size is 22.
- We have 14,500 students, more than 35,000 alumni, 1,400 faculty and staff, 10 campuses and locations, and a $600 million economic impact annually.
- 9,000 students are earning a Co-curricular Record (a second transcript), which validates experience gained outside the classroom measured against nine institutional learning outcomes.
- Established in 2006, our campus in Chandigarh — the only Canadian university campus in India — enrolls 130+ students in our Bachelors of Business Administration and Computer Information Systems degrees.
- We have 1,000+ international students from 48 countries studying at UFV, as well as 71 international partner schools and 26 countries in which UFV students can study abroad.
- Canada Research Chair for Food Security and the Environment
- RCMP Senior Research Chair in Crime Reduction
- Canada Research Chair in Aboriginal Studies
- Luminescence Dating Lab
- Paleoecology Lab
33844 King Road
Abbotsford, British Columbia
Toll Free: 888-504-7441