We put you to work™. When it comes to grads getting jobs, 87.4 percent of the College’s most recent graduates found employment within six months of graduation compared to the provincial average of 83.6 percent, according to Provincial Key Performance Indicator (KPI) results released in April 2016. Located on more than 200 acres in the beautiful Bay of Quinte region, Loyalist College is a close-knit community where students and their success come first. Loyalist provides personalized attention in small classes, rewarding field placements and superior student services.
To prepare students for in-demand careers, Loyalist offers more than 60 full-time programs; apprenticeships; and hundreds of online, distance and in-class courses, as well as opportunities for continuing education through more than 70 university transfer agreements. The College’s wide selection of advanced diplomas, diplomas and certificates aligns with market-driven disciplines including applied sciences, biosciences, building sciences, business and management studies, health sciences, human studies, justice studies, media, arts and design, and skills and technology.
In Ontario, the College’s new Digital Media Centre and the LEED® Silver certified Sustainable Skills, Technology and Life Sciences Centre are training centres of choice for students, as well as College business and industry partners. The College is a key driver of the social and economic health and prosperity of the area and contributes 5.4 percent to the Gross Regional Product. This represents an overall effect on the regional economy of $530 million – based on a 2014 Report by Economic Modeling Specialists International (EMSI).
- When it comes to grads getting jobs, Loyalist is the #1 College in Eastern Ontario. According to KPI results released April 2016, 87.4% of graduates found employment within six months.
- Loyalist has strong satisfaction rates above the provincial average for Graduate Satisfaction (81.6 vs 80.3), Employer Satisfaction (92.2 vs 91.4), and Student Satisfaction (79.4 vs 76.8). The Graduation Rate of 66.7 percent is equal to the provincial result.
- The W. Garfield Weston Foundation Fellowship at Loyalist offers $4,000 plus a tuition credit to encourage students to pursue skilled trades diplomas and apprenticeships.
- With a Loyalist diploma, grads can transfer directly into more than 70 university degree programs where they can often earn a degree in just two years.
- 2015 Practical Nursing graduates who recently wrote the Canadian Practical Nurse Registration Exam (CPNRE) were 100 percent successful.
- Supercritical Carbon Dioxide (SC-CO2) Fluid Extraction
- Mechanical Design and Manufacturing
Toll Free: 888-569-2547